Role: Doctor (Match-Day Doctor Service)
Salary: Variable sessional rate. Half-day (3-4hrs) – from £270; Full day (6-8hrs) – from £500
Location: Various locations across the UK
Desired start date: Anytime
What is the job?
We are looking for doctors to join our team of Match-Day Doctors working at our partner schools and clubs. Our doctors lead the medical care across the school/club sport facilities on match days supported by a team of nurses, physio and emergency care practitioners (dependent on the organisation). As well as assessing and managing injuries as they occur, the doctor also undertakes a post-match clinic to advise on the immediate and short-term management of injuries.
Senior clinical support is available via telephone.
The role is flexible in terms of time commitment although we are keen to find doctors who are able to commit to regular sessions.
– Lead clinical care across the site working alongside other healthcare professionals
– Undertake post-match injury clinic advising on immediate and short-term management
– Ensure thorough documentation and communication of medical decisions to all key stakeholders
What are we looking for?
We are looking for doctors who have experience in emergency care and working in the sporting environment. We are looking for doctors who aren’t afraid to take ownership and accountability, who are able to work independently when required and who are excited by the prospect of being part of a rapidly growing service in an increasingly important role.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· GMC registered with a license to practice
· A background in A&E, Orthopaedics or GP with an interest in MSK or Immediate Care
· World Rugby course in concussion management for healthcare professionals
· Evidence of medical indemnity to cover scope of practice
· Qualification in a recognised pitch-side immediate care course
Want to apply?
Please submit a CV to our lead match-day doctor, Dr Juan Rosales- email@example.com – with a few words in your email explaining what excites you about working at Meliora and what you are looking for from the job.
We will respond to every application and if we think that you’d be a great match for Meliora, and Meliora for you, then we’ll organise a chat with the whole team.
Please note that we will hold all successful and unsuccessful applicants details on file unless you request us not to during the application process.
Whether you are interested in our Sports Medicine, Schools Medicine or Lifestyle medicine services, we’d love to hear about how we can help you so please get in touch.
Meliora Medical Group’s Sports Medicine service operates under the name ‘Return2Play’ and has it’s own website.
Return2Play are the UK’s leading sports medicine provider for schools, clubs and universities.Visit return2play.org.uk