Role: Concussion Clinical Specialist (doctor, nurse, physio or other HCPC recognised professional)
Salary: Dependent on experience, please enquire for more details
Location: Richmond, London office but flexible with remote working.
Desired start date: August 2024
What is the job?
We are looking for a Concussion Clinical Specialist, a role that plays a key part in ensuring we provide the highest level of support to our partner schools and continue to deliver gold-standard care to our patients.
The successful applicant will be a key part of both the clinical and office team. Working closely with our doctors they will aid our schools in making confident decision around concussion diagnosis and be the first point of call for advice around managing the injury. They will also play a key role in providing education & training for school medical teams along with helping them ensure that their injured pupils are efficiently managed, thus performing an important client relation role.
– Manage medical queries from clients and patients that come in via phone and email
– Run a daily “early assessment” webcam clinic to aid schools in the diagnosis of concussion
– Refer cases of concern to the doctors for review (there are daily doctor clinics)
– Provide annual (and ad-hoc where required) concussion education to school medical teams
– Aid school medical teams with the administration of an efficient concussion care pathway
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a healthcare professional (doctor, nurse or other HCPC recognised professional) who understands the current landscape of concussion and, ideally, has experience of working within a school. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to take ownership and accountability, who is able to work independently when required and who is excited by the prospect of being part of a rapidly growing company in a new role that they will be able to help establish.
Our ideal candidate will have:
– GMC, NMC or HCPC registration
– Prior experience in the management of concussion (further training will be provided)
– Great written and verbal communication skills
– Meticulously organised
– High attention to detail
– Methodical and task-orientated, able to juggle multiple priorities
Why work for us?
– Term-time only role, not working during school holidays
– Chance to grow with the company
– Be part of a company providing gold-standard medical care
– Close-knit, supportive medical team
– Flexible, remote working
– Complete transparency. You will know and be involved with all business functions.
What are the next steps?
Please submit a CV to our Head of Sports Medicine, Dr Sam Barke – email@example.com – with a few words in your email explaining what excites you about working at Meliora, what you are looking for from the job and any queries that you may have.
We will respond to every application and if we think that you’d be a great match for Meliora, and Meliora for you, then we’ll organise a chat with the whole team.
Please note that we will hold all successful and unsuccessful applicants details on file unless you request us not to during the application process.
Whether you are interested in our Sports Medicine, Schools Medicine or Lifestyle medicine services, we’d love to hear about how we can help you so please get in touch.
Meliora Medical Group’s Sports Medicine service operates under the name ‘Return2Play’ and has it’s own website.
Return2Play are the UK’s leading sports medicine provider for schools, clubs and universities.Visit return2play.org.uk